Saturday, November 9, 2013

Change is ...

You know the old adage "Change is good"? I've always believed in it, and would always support and encourage my friends and family towards it. Some would even call it "pushing." 


But when the time would actually come for a change, I would rather hide in a corner.

Maybe I take it too seriously. Any change, no matter how minute, is unwelcome to me. Shifting my bed over two inches could and would upset me. Nine years ago, I told my fiance as we were looking at potential apartments that I did not want to move out of my home town because I was "too used to my Shop Rite" and didn't want to shop anywhere else.

But what about good change? A new job? A move? Getting married or having a baby? They all seem fine and dandy, wonderful really. But what if it isn't? If I had it my way, I would stay put every single time. Change takes courage- and I don't think I have it. Good or bad, change is a scary thing.

---
But I got off track here actually. What I really intended to do was write a post about my friends- those in my life that love me and wish well for me- sincerely. We moved to a new house last week, and as the weeks led up to the move, a lot of friends said to me "Good luck," and "I'm so happy for you." And they were genuinely happy for something that wasn't even happening to them. When the day of the move came, I got several text messages saying "Good luck today," and some friends, those with two or or three young ones, even offered to come help.

How fortunate am I to be surrounded by such wonderful people! The change that I was scared of now became something to look forward to. They made my transition so much easier and this is my way of saying "Thank you and I love you." You know who you are.

  
"To say goodbye is to die a little.”
Raymond Chandler, The Long Goodbye

Ok, fine that quote is a little dramatic so I will leave you with something else.

“The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.”
C. JoyBell C.

No comments: