Friday, March 11, 2011

Taking it back (sort of)

I am about to hit the sack but I don't feel good about my last post. The truth is I'm not denial or anything like that. I hope.

But I cannot reconcile the emails/posts/articles about this amazing Rehab, who has become a lesson to those living, with the Rehab in my head. Yes, of course she is an amazing individual. But she was also just my Rehab. My dear, sweet, innocent Rehab who would give anyone the shirt off her back if she thought they needed it. Who bought cookbooks for the pictures, and obsessed over chicken Saab and pretty lamps.

I'm not going to lie, I feel possessive of her and her memory. So whenever I sign onto facebook and see a new article about her, I think to myself "that's not MY Rehab.". My Rehabbie is with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May Allah have mercy on her soul and raise her in the highest of jannah! I am one of those people who took her as a life lesson. I'm also one of those people who never knew her until after her passing, and I said "I just wish I met her". I ended up doing an entire feature story about her for my online journalism class. May Allah swt allow us to meet her in Jannah!